Sautéed Chickpea Recipe with Cinnamon
This is my favorite chickpea recipe.
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a great source of dietary fiber and protein. They are a great addition to your diet and will add some necessary lean calories to hopefully replace some of the junk food that you tossed when you cleaned out your cabinets!
In order to make healthy elements permanent additions to your diet you’ll have to find ways to keep it interesting. This recipe is a simple way to add a couple tasty flavors your whole food arsenal.
Try this chickpea recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 Can Chickpeas (or the equivalent amount of cooked dried beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 Cinnamon Stick broken in half
- 1 1/2 Tbsp EV Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Chopped cilantro
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse chickpeas
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- Add olive oil and sauté the cinnamon stick for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Stir in the chickpeas and sauté, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until browned and crisp
- Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss