Chopped Salad Recipe – Easy to Make and Delicious
Try this chopped salad recipe.
Chopped salads are super easy to make, and easy to customize to your taste. On top of that they are quick and delicious ANNNND completely E4A compliant especially when you add your choice of protein. All you’ll need in order to prepare this quick, delightful meal is a chopping board and a sharp knife.
I recently made my first chopped salad using what I had at home and it was marvelous.
Here’s what I did. You can of course change things to suit your taste, or what you have on hand.
When you’re done be sure to let us know how it went by leaving us a comment. Also, if you find another chopped salad recipe you enjoy, I’d love to try it.
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 bunch arugula (rocket)
- 1/2 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 ripe avocado
- Red wine vinegar
- Stone ground, whole grain mustard
- Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Secure your chopping board, and grab a sharp chef's knife
- Peel and slice the cucumber and your scallions
- Start slicing your leafy veggies and make a pile of it all in the center of your chopping board, and continue chopping it all.
- Halve the avocado and remove the flesh. (I like to carve a cross hatch with the knife and then remove it all with a tablespoon.)
- Add the avocado the the pile.
- Create a large mound of all of your veggies, then create a well in the center and drizzle in 3 tablespoons of EVOO, 1 tablespoon red wine Vinegar, and one teaspoon mustard.
- Salt and Pepper to taste and toss so everything is well coated.
- Serve and smile.