Top 10 mistakes that Coach Dre made to “lose” his abs
Health professionals too often forget their purpose is to help their customers get healthy and often times preach from their pedestals.
They preach from their pulpit of the tabernacle of Healthier Than Thou. They publish only the news of their very sweatiest workouts or their mirror self portrait when the lighting was just right to show that top abdominal fiber.
Don’t get me wrong, I love the spoils of living an active lifestyle and eating according to our design. I just think that we sometimes portray an image of being so far beyond reproach, as if we never fall off, miss a workout, and only drink the highest quality breast milk. NOT!
That’s why it was so refreshing to read the following post from the Ab Monster himself, Coach Dre admitting his missteps, forgiving himself, then getting back on the wagon.
THAT’S the mark of a winner.
Here are Coach Dre’s top 10 reasons for screwing up his abs over the last 4 weeks:
- Taking my health and fitness for granted
- Not doing food prep at least once a week
- Not taking food to the office aka freestyle eating
- Going out to lunch with clients every day
- Had a few drinks with while watching the Tour De France (duh the Tour is 3 weeks)
- Ordering a lot of takeout food
- I even had junk food, my favorite chick-fil-a
- Not measuring my girth and weight at least every other week
- Not having a plan for when my schedule is f*ing up, and
- Ignoring the fact that I should plan alternate workout times because of my busy life (I do have 2 kids you know)
One more thing, I even caught a cold! This is the first time in a year that I can remember getting a cold. Eff crappy food. One more reason to eat great food and exercise and join the Eating For Abs Movement.
The good news, these mistakes are all in the past and I am back on track starting NOW.
What are some of the things that you have done to screw up your abs? Post a comment below to let us know you are alive.